cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Simplified Rep + Rule + Zone Problem

jwagh
17-Peridot

Simplified Rep + Rule + Zone Problem

to make a long story short, I'm trying to create a simplified rep to exclude all components inside a chasis with vent holes so that the customer doesn't see what is inside the box. Anyway, my though process was simple:

1) Create a Zone X-Section of the inside

2) Create a Simplified Rep with a rule to include everything outside of the X-Section (default rep is exclude)

The problem I am seeing is that the rule includes assemblies as well as the parts. So if there is a connector coming out of the chassis, it will include the whole board assembly because of that little part. I would like to exclude assemblies from this rule so I can just grab the parts without a cascade affect that still leaves me with 80% of the items inside my zone.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:jwagh)

Take a look at the video to see if this workflow of using the preview window solves your problem. For customers with large structures and connected to Windchill, this is functionality now enabled with a setting called "dm_preview_searches_server" set at no in M070 build of Creo Parametric 2 I believe. In the past, using the preview window in the simplfied rep UI would lock up a computer because it wanted to download the entire structure into the workspace.

Video Link : 4782

jwagh
17-Peridot
(To:BillRyan)

very cool! However, it doesn't seem to be available in Wildfire5/Creo Elements. Or am I missing something?

BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:jwagh)

That's what I was afraid of...WF5 doesn't have the capability.

Top Tags