cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Simplified Rep question

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Simplified Rep question

Hi all, i have a question about simplified reps. I have an assembly with a user defined simplified rep. Is there a way to set this rep to display permanently? It appears, the system always defaults to 'Master Rep'.

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There used to be a default rep that was, by default, identical to the master rep. Changes made to the default rep should be retained for the next time the assembly is opened.

From http://www.mcadcentral.com/creo-tips-tricks-assembly/20860-master-rep.html

"

kdem kdem is offline Senior Member

The Default Rep is a modification of the Master Rep. If for example you exlcude components and save it to the Default Rep ProE will open this by default. When you save to the Default Rep you should receive a warning that you are modifying the default rep state and that it affects what the model looks like on retrieval. Take a look at the Default Rep properties to see what is defined. If you don't want to use the config.pro option remove the items from the Default Rep or change the properties. The only thing you can't remove from the Default Rep is the top level assembly but you can exclude it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hello John,

Please try 'save as backup' after activatites of user defined representation. May be it will be usefull to you.

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen Kumar Gongu

I think you have an enhancement request here, John

Seems an "open as saved" option would be useful here.

I get lost as to how a simplified rep can be used. I know an external simplified rep might be an option, but it is a next level assembly with limitations. Can you make an assembly with a simplified rep of a part assembled?

I doubt that is what you are trying to accomplish, though.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:John.Pryal)

There is a config.pro option to open a specific simp rep, but that is for everything, not just one assembly.

I agree with Antonius, this is an enhancement request. A right click, make rep defualt, that would make a specific simplified rep in a specific assembly as the default to open.

Since I work on large assemblies regularly, I have the config.pro option open_simplified_rep_by_default set to YES so that every time I open a file, it asks what rep I want to open. For most users, this would be an unwanted click, but for my group, if you open the master rep, you may be waiting a good while or you may simply crash...it's a cruel world.

Nice solution!

There used to be a default rep that was, by default, identical to the master rep. Changes made to the default rep should be retained for the next time the assembly is opened.

From http://www.mcadcentral.com/creo-tips-tricks-assembly/20860-master-rep.html

"

kdem kdem is offline Senior Member

The Default Rep is a modification of the Master Rep. If for example you exlcude components and save it to the Default Rep ProE will open this by default. When you save to the Default Rep you should receive a warning that you are modifying the default rep state and that it affects what the model looks like on retrieval. Take a look at the Default Rep properties to see what is defined. If you don't want to use the config.pro option remove the items from the Default Rep or change the properties. The only thing you can't remove from the Default Rep is the top level assembly but you can exclude it.

Hi David/all, sorry for the late reply, been off work for a few days. The Default rep worked great, did exactly what i was looking for, thanks.

Regards

John

Top Tags