cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Simulate 2.0 Cyclic Symmetry

dsehmi
1-Newbie

Simulate 2.0 Cyclic Symmetry

Hello all,

I have a question regarding the cyclic symmetry capabilities of creo simulate. I have a model of a rotor assembly consisting of a polymer "spider" with metallic inserts surrounding by a filament wound carbon fibre ring (to ensure the metallic inserts are retained as the rotor spins).

The model can be cut to form a 1/10th sector i.e. 36 degree span and setup using cyclic symmetry. However, I find that the results differ for a 1/10th sector and a 1/5th sector i.e. 72 degree model with the results for the larger model appearing much more realistic. The BCs are identical for both models but the "cut plane" has been shifted whilst still retaining its cyclic symmetry i.e. rather than cut through the spider the cut is through the metallic insert.

The components are joined together by interface contacts and a rotational speed has been set on the assembly.

Has anyone seen this in the past or can anyone help explain why the results would differ despite for the two models seemingly having identical setups?

I apologise for the vagueness in the question but I can only share so much.

Out of interest I have also run an Ansys model of the 1/10th sector and the results tie up with the 1/5th sector in creo simulate.

Thanks for your help.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags