cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Slow computer

ptc-856846
4-Participant

Slow computer

Hi!

I have problem with my computer.

I use Creo-proewilldfire5.

I have Graphic card

Nvidia K4000

Procesor I7-4960X

32GB Ram

But when i open a assembly ( around 150 part) It is open very slowly.

The old computer dell T5400 with older graphic card and less Ram open this assembly faster then new computer.

when i look how many Ram use computer during open assembly and work it is around 3 Gb

And core is use only 10 % off capacity

System is Win 7 64 bit.

Is there any options to optimized PRO or computer.i already try differnt driver for graphic card.

No sucess.

regards Tope

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
12 REPLIES 12

We may need a little more information.

• Are you talking about the time taken to open the assembly, or about working with it after it is open?
  • Are you using Windchill or another PDM system?
  • If not, do you have a search path?
  • Are you opening across a network or from a local hard drive?

You can get a lot of information by running Windows Task Manager and then opening the Resource Monitor - this will show you when the disk is working hard, for example.

It's not a surprise that your CPU is only showing 10-12% - many pieces of software only run a single main thread, so they only use one CPU core. Since your i7 has eight cores, 1/8 is 12.5%. However, if it's definitely less than 12% then the CPU is probably not the bottleneck.

Hi!

When i open it take a quit long time to open .

Then every time when i regenerate it took abut 15s to start regenerate.

I don't use windchil

I havent gote any sech path i have everthing in workig directory.

no netvork direct on disc.

We also by 32 gb Ram witch looks like that proe can't use it.

Is ther any options in pro to make system faster.

I think Pro/E can use more memory - it just doesn't need to for this assembly. What do you expect it to do with more memory, after it has opened all the parts?

What does the disk activity look like in Resource Monitor while opening the assembly?

I'm not sure about the delay before regenerating - perhaps someone else has come across this problem.

1.jpg

This is disc activiti during regeneration.

What about while opening the assembly?

2.jpg

THis when I open assembly

Hmm - doesn't look like either C: or 😧 are causing the slow loading. (I'm assuming the data is on C:?)

Interesting that xtop.exe doesn't show up in the list of processes - unfortunately I don't have admin rights on this computer so I can't compare.

Short answer: don't know, I'm afraid.

Toni,

you did not tell us whether your ProE WF5 installation is 32-bit or 64-bit. 32-bit version is not able use all RAM.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
ptc-856846
4-Participant
(To:ptc-856846)

Yes I did.

WIN7 64 bit.

Toni,

if you tell me WIN7 64 bit, then I know that 64-bit version of Windows 7 is installed on your PC. Nothing else.

If you look into ProE WF5 installation directory, what you can see ?

i486_nt subdirectory ?

-OR-

x86e_win64 subdirectory ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
ptc-856846
4-Participant
(To:ptc-856846)

HI!

I belive thet you meen if i have pro5 64bit.

Yes i have also 64 bit proe.

tp

Same here , Widfire use to be a lot quicker !!! Creo is a disaster !!

Top Tags