cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Solution: Vaporware (NOT) Update: compressed 3d thumbnails in productview????

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Solution: Vaporware (NOT) Update: compressed 3d thumbnails in productview????

Over the last week, Michael Rygol and I have been working on getting the process to work for me. He finally sent me a sample file and a short script to run. The bottom line is creating 3D-Thumbnails does work. It's not vaporware.

The issue is, you can't just call the executable from the command line, you have to set some paths before entering the command.

The script needs to look something like this. The paths need to match your ProductView Adpators load point.
set PVIEW_HOME=c:\ptc\productview_adapters
set PATH=%PVIEW_HOME%\bin;%PATH%
pvsthumb -r level1.rcp 01-2_crankshaft_asm.pvs -o level1crank.pvs

The recipe file should look like this:
file=pvsthumb-rcp
ver=5
lastp=spec
adapter/createSubModel=1

Where createSubModel=1 is the sub-assy level where the thumbnails are created. If you the number to 2 the thumbnails will be create at the second level of sub-assy's.

For example, if you have the following structure:
Top Assy
Sub-Assy-A
Sub-Assy-1
Sub-Assy-2
Sub-Assy-3
Sub-Assy-B
Sub-Assy-4
Sub-Assy-5
Sub-Assy-6

Level 1 will generate 2 thumbnails of the lettered assemblies, where level 2 will generate 6 thumbnails for the numbered assemblies.

Attached is the sample file Michael sent me. I've zipped it up. It contains the source Productview data, the recipe file, and the script. I've stripped out the thumbnails, but you can generate them using the script.

Extracting the zip will create a thumb directory with the files in it. Modify the script so the paths are correct for your system, and then run the script by double clicking on it. This will generate a new .pvs and several .pvt files. Open the new .pvs in ProductView.

If you want Michael's detailed instructions send me an email and I'll forward them to you.
If your site deletes .zip files from email, I can change the extension for you.

David Haigh
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags