cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Strange behaviour Creo view express version 2.0

Alain
1-Newbie

Strange behaviour Creo view express version 2.0

Version 2.0, datecodes M020 en M040 have this behaviour.

An electrical engineer wants to view the PRO/E design files made with wildfire 4.0 but can’t load the assembly, only one or sometimes 2 components are visible.

I made a simple assembly to check this behaviour, one PCB and one component, when he loads the assembly file into Creo view express he sees only one component. (both files are in one directory and can be opened separate but not in one assembly.)

When I open the same file, I see the total assembly, 2 components. The only difference is that I have PRO/E wildfire 4.0 and 5.0 installed on my machine and he has not.

Does anybody have any idea how to solve this or what is causing this behaviour?

Cheers,

Alain

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Martin,

Thanks for that tip.

Attached you can find the assembly that we used to test Creo view express.

creo.zip

On my desktop and laptop (with PRO/E installed) I can view the assembly. On the laptop of my colleague (no PRO/E installation) he can see both components without no problem. This is the first assembly he can open.

The original assembly can normally be opened on my system but only the connector is viewable by my colleague.

Today I did a test again and send the files again to my colleauge and he could open them .....

When I asked him to show me the original files again that he received ..... I noticed what happened and why he could not open the first project .... he renamed some files ....

And now I sound a bit stupid

Alain

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Alain)

Alain,

can you upload your simple assembly ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

I can't add any attachements, (picture or zip).

If I add a photo then I can't submit the post.

It is really a very simple assembly we used to test, a plane PCB and an elco on top. Only the elco is loaded into creo view express of my colleague who has no PRO/E installed. I see both components in the viewer.

How can I upload a zip file?

cheers

Alain

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Alain,

click Reply and then Use advanced editor (top right corner). Then you will see Browse button at the bottom.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

Thanks for that tip.

Attached you can find the assembly that we used to test Creo view express.

creo.zip

On my desktop and laptop (with PRO/E installed) I can view the assembly. On the laptop of my colleague (no PRO/E installation) he can see both components without no problem. This is the first assembly he can open.

The original assembly can normally be opened on my system but only the connector is viewable by my colleague.

Today I did a test again and send the files again to my colleauge and he could open them .....

When I asked him to show me the original files again that he received ..... I noticed what happened and why he could not open the first project .... he renamed some files ....

And now I sound a bit stupid

Alain

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Alain,

it is nice to hear that the problem is resolved . I do not have to do any testing ...

Have a nice day.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags