Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppress part in an assembly with a relation

Highlighted

Suppress part in an assembly with a relation

I hope anyone would help me with my problem. I want to suppress a part when a part is >5000. What would I type for do the suppression. Thanks for helping me.
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

ProProgram

You can do that by proProgram. Go to Tools -> Program. Click "Edit Design" In this, you need to find the portion where the part is getting added. for eg..

anonymous wrote:

ADD PART BELLOW_REF001 INTERNAL COMPONENT ID 39 END ADD

Highlighted

Suppression Criterion

Jonas, What do you mean by "a part is >5000"? Size? Feature number? ??? David
Highlighted

RE: Suppression Criterion

The length is >5000
Highlighted

I can´t get it work, it only says that "Extra symbols found-ignored". Do I have to add and suppressed the part to the assembly before I do the program?
Highlighted

Yes Jonas, You need to assemble the component and keep it resumed. Then go into the ProProgram and add the condition. But there is a catch. I guess you want to check the component length. If so its easier to read the component length into a toplevel parameter (say L) through relations in the assembly. Then use the parameter L for ProProgram. HTH Joe
Highlighted

Suppression

Jonas, Once you have an assigned parameter for Length for all of your parts, try creating a Layer using a rule to capture the parts where LENGTH>500, then suppress the layer. If you need to do this all the time, you may want to set up your Start Part with the Length parameter already in it. David
Announcements