cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

TIP: INSERT_FAMITEM failure

ptc-2605080
1-Newbie

TIP: INSERT_FAMITEM failure

Iwas trying to use INSERT_FAMITEM to insert a part into the family table of an assembly, and SA kept erroring out without telling me specifically what the issue was. I tried all sorts of workarounds including USER_SELECT, but to no avail. I could manually add the part to the family table, but I was going nowhere with SA.

Then I realized that I had a another part that was assembled dependent to the part I was trying to add to the family table, so I reasoned that maybe I could add the dependent part to the family table first. Nope, which makes sense in the end, as the issue is not about order, but about dependency.

What I had to do was group them together, and then add the group feature to the table using INSERT_FAMITEM. Works like a charm now. Hope this helps someone 🙂

Design well!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags