cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Tables in drawing mode

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member

Tables in drawing mode

Ugh, tables in ProE, sorry, Creo...

I have created a table with repeat region for use in our assembly drawings and saved it as a ".tbl" file. The trouble is I want to keep sub assemblies out of the table. I just want to see the parts and the quantities of same. I have gone to #Repeat Region, #Filters, #Add and have added "&asm.mbr.type == part", which is what I think should keep assemblies out of the table. But it doesn't.

I know I can filter out sub assemblies by "Item", but I want to automate the process and leave the chance of human error out of it. Anyone know how to do this? This is in Creo Elements, i.e. WF 5.0.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Order by index: Table-> repeat regions -> sort regions -> select region -> add -> forward

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:GrahameWard)

I correct myself, I have excluded sub assemblies from the table. My problem was I have 2 assemblies with the same name as two parts, so I got them confused.

Now my next question. How do I order the table by the index parameter? The cell of the repeat region shows "&asm.mbr.INDEX", where "INDEX" is a parameter in each part that returns an integer value. I have used this before in a a previous job but I forget how to set up the table to sort the parts out in order of the INDEX parameter. Anyone?

Order by index: Table-> repeat regions -> sort regions -> select region -> add -> forward

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:MGortner)

Thanks.

Hey, do I know you?

No problem! If you have our tips folder, I copied that from a ppt deck called Automatic BOM Exploded View Drawings 09-10-2009. Or I can send you the table file we used.

Top Tags