Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tables in drawing mode

SOLVED
Highlighted
Participant

Tables in drawing mode

Ugh, tables in ProE, sorry, Creo...

I have created a table with repeat region for use in our assembly drawings and saved it as a ".tbl" file. The trouble is I want to keep sub assemblies out of the table. I just want to see the parts and the quantities of same. I have gone to #Repeat Region, #Filters, #Add and have added "&asm.mbr.type == part", which is what I think should keep assemblies out of the table. But it doesn't.

I know I can filter out sub assemblies by "Item", but I want to automate the process and leave the chance of human error out of it. Anyone know how to do this? This is in Creo Elements, i.e. WF 5.0.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Tables in drawing mode

Order by index: Table-> repeat regions -> sort regions -> select region -> add -> forward

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I correct myself, I have excluded sub assemblies from the table. My problem was I have 2 assemblies with the same name as two parts, so I got them confused.

Now my next question. How do I order the table by the index parameter? The cell of the repeat region shows "&asm.mbr.INDEX", where "INDEX" is a parameter in each part that returns an integer value. I have used this before in a a previous job but I forget how to set up the table to sort the parts out in order of the INDEX parameter. Anyone?

Order by index: Table-> repeat regions -> sort regions -> select region -> add -> forward

View solution in original post

Thanks.

Hey, do I know you?

No problem! If you have our tips folder, I copied that from a ppt deck called Automatic BOM Exploded View Drawings 09-10-2009. Or I can send you the table file we used.

Announcements