cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Tricks to convert assembly components to a common unit system?

ptc-1704429
1-Newbie

Tricks to convert assembly components to a common unit system?

Back in the day, someone showed me that you can take a ProE assembly and convert all the components to the assembly unit system.

Ex: Assembly units are MKS, Parts are a mix of MKS, IPS, mmKS, etc

In 2001-WF4, in assembly mode, you would click:

<Applications>, <Mechanica>, <Continue>, <Cancel>

Bingo, all components have been converted to the new unit system. The sweet part was that you didn't even need a Mechanica license.

So, now on to the question:

How do you convert all components of an assembly to a common unit system?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Solution:

1) install Creo Simulate (I don't have a license, but I pointed to the existing FLEXnet license server)

2) open the assembly & click <applications>, <simulate>

3) click <convert> in the pop-up window

4) cancel (exit) simulate & save your assembly

If the pop-up window doesn't come up, all the parts have the same unit system as the assembly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Solution:

1) install Creo Simulate (I don't have a license, but I pointed to the existing FLEXnet license server)

2) open the assembly & click <applications>, <simulate>

3) click <convert> in the pop-up window

4) cancel (exit) simulate & save your assembly

If the pop-up window doesn't come up, all the parts have the same unit system as the assembly.

Top Tags