Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn goup into assembly

Highlighted

Turn goup into assembly

Is there a way to turn a group of parts in an assembly into a separate assembly? I ask because in my assembly I need to remove one part. unfortunately the way I assembled it it will remove a large portion of my assembly with it. So I would like to turn a collection of the parts into an assembly so I can re-add them easily. If there is a better way to do this I would love to hear it. thanks
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Assembly Modification

Brent, I don't know how complicated your parent-child problems are, but there are a couple of possibilities. You can delete (suppress is safer until you have solved your problem) the part, Freeze the other parts and then redefine (Edit Definition) them so that they have a new parent. You could insert a new parent part in the model tree just before or after the part to be deleted, redefine the children to depend on the new part, then delete the old parent part. It is also possible to Replace parts using various techniques (Family Tables, Interchange Groups, Pro/PROGRAM, etc.), but this generally requires planning ahead of time. If you want more detail, let us know. David
Announcements