cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Twisted wire not being displayed properly in drawing

mdamplo
1-Newbie

Twisted wire not being displayed properly in drawing

Hi all

I'm currently having an issue with drawings of assemblies that contain twisted wires (which I'll be making a lot of)

The wires display perfectly fine with a Shaded display, but when I change the display style to "No hidden", I get a lot of extra messy lines that should not be visible. The tangent edges setting and all other "View Display" settings do not have any impact on this. I can't seem to get a clean line drawing of these twists! I know that rendering issues like this happen with interfering parts in assemblies, but the wires are separate and there is no interference.

A picture is attached of the same wires in "Shading" mode and "No hidden" mode.

Any ideas on how to remedy this? Or am I doomed?

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I solved it this way.    I went and redefined the first of the twisted wires and changed Section plane control to constant normal direction and chose the FRONT datum plane as my direction.   It appears as though it is the end point of the circle that was flowing around causing the little tangent line to display on the drawing.  but there is still some issue with the hidden lines not all displaying properly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi, it is possible to share your part (we can try to investigate your data)

(do not forget add the information about ProE / Creo version - datacode)

Regards,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Hi Vladimir

I've attached the .prt file along with a .drw of the two views in my previous screenshot

PTC Creo
Release:  3.0

Date Code:  M010

Thank you so much for looking into it! Let me know if I can provide anything else.

I solved it this way.    I went and redefined the first of the twisted wires and changed Section plane control to constant normal direction and chose the FRONT datum plane as my direction.   It appears as though it is the end point of the circle that was flowing around causing the little tangent line to display on the drawing.  but there is still some issue with the hidden lines not all displaying properly.

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:mdamplo)

Its likely do to interference. Creo has a hard time drawing lines when geometry overlaps. When you think about it the Math is very complicated.

mdamplo
1-Newbie
(To:Chris3)

Thanks for the reply. There is no interference though. I have seen the problem with overlapping geometry before, but I've checked this model over many times. It's two separate sweeps, twisting around each other, but at no point do they intersect anywhere in the model. The math is still very complicated in this situation, so it's probably a similar issue, but no interference happening.

svillafuerte
6-Contributor

It looks like it may be an accuracy situation. I took your model and changed the accuracy as shown to .00005 and then went to the drawing and it made half of the unwanted lines disappear. But if I tried to make it an even smaller accuracy then it wouldn't regenerate it at all. Hope this helps with some more information.

Wire Accuracy.JPG

Test Wires.JPG

Shane V.

Maybe try setting accuracy to absolute and setting a value of .0005 inches (or .01016mm)? It's worth a shot.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Whatever it is, Creo 3.0 M050 apparently fixes it.  When I open the drawing I can see the extra edges, but as soon as I make any changes the extra lines go away, and I can't make them reappear.

Top Tags