cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Unable to hide one part in assembly

mms-2
1-Newbie

Unable to hide one part in assembly

Unable to hide a part in assembly, but simplified rep exclude works.. at present work is done but curious about the bug.

any one gone through similar issue and fixed it, pls share

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
14 REPLIES 14
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:mms-2)

I have not seen this before. Just tested being able to hide everything in an assembly in Creo 2.0 M040.

This has only happened to me with an assembled part that had a reflection analysis applied to it at the part level.

I considered this a graphic artifact.

If this persists into other assemblies, it is worth reporting in a report case.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Mahesh,

As Antonius mentioned, it is not reproducible.

You may try to reproduce the same in Creo Session without using any config file. Or submit a support case for better investigation on this.

Thanks Mahesh for your comments...

The same assembly when I opened later... ie another session... there ws no issues...

I see that as an one time error...

anyways....I will report the issue to ptc via my organisation...

may be useful for ptc to resolve the unknown bug....

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

If issue is reproducible, submitting a support case will be a better option.

I think you can mark your last comment as correct for this post.

mms-2
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0

M120 date code

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

I know this kind of hiccups from ProE WF2.

Sometimes it helped to go to the layer tree -> select "Layers" -> right click -> hide -> regenerate (not really needed, but just to be sure) -> save layer status -> save file -> select "Layers" again -> right click -> unhide -> regenerate -> save layer status -> save file

Then try to hide / unhide layers and parts.

I hope this helps.

How do I select a part in the assembly, then hide that part on the fly. Currently, when I select a part, it selects a surface, not a part. Also, when I right-click, there is no option to hide part. I have to hover over the part until the path and name come up, then find it in the tree and click the box to hide. Is there an easier way?

Change the selection filter (bottom right) to component, then it will select the part not the surface. If you Query Select you can also get to the part.

Welcome to the forum, Bill.

It sounds like you filter is set to geometry.

If the filter (lower right) is set to smart or part, it will default to various parts levels.

A right mouse button click will toggle through the parts or a longer press will allow you to select "pick from list" where all applicable selections are available.

If you select a component (left mouse button click), you can then right mouse button click to "locate in model tree".

Hope that makes sense and helps.

Thank you for the quick response!

Creo Elements/Direct Modeling 18.1

Opening a PKG assembly. Did now find the selection filter - set to Part. Now select part, right-click, but no "hide" or "locate in model tree" command available.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-6834522)

Ah, unfortunately these commands are for Creo Parametric. The Creo direct community is as follows:

http://communities.ptc.com/community/creo-elements-direct

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ptc-6834522)

Bill, there is a wonderful command that will take you directly to a selected feature, component, or part, no matter where it is in the model tree. It's called "Expand". Just add it to your menu bar.

12.PNG

This screenshot is from Creo 3, but this has existed at least since Wildfire 5.

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomU)

What is the difference between clicking "expand" and the little triangle besides the part name in model tree?

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:Mat)

The difference is when you select the model in the graphics window and there is a huge and deep levelled model tree:

• To use the triangles, you need to know which subassemblies need to be expanded and click them one by one
  • If you click Expand (you can also type expand in Command Search, if you want to save real estate in the UI), it will automatically expand the complete model tree structure down to the selected component.

In fact very helpful with large assemblies or ones you don't know well yet.

Top Tags