cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Unable to select Hyperelasticity analysis in Static Analysis Definition

danderson
11-Garnet

Unable to select Hyperelasticity analysis in Static Analysis Definition

Good Day All,

--- Analysis that works----

I have a mount sub assembly (just 3 components) in which I'm able to run a Hyperelasticity analysis with out any issues.
This assembly contains one part with Hyperelastic material properties and 2 parts with non-Hyperelastic properties. The assembly also includes the following bonded, contact constraints and ground springs.

---Analyis with Problem Not Solved---

When trying to set-up a Static analysis on a higher level assembly with the same mount sub assembly included, I'm not allowed to select Hperelasticity in the Static Analysis Definition dialog box. This level of the assembly includes additional components, mechanica Fastener definitions, ground springs, multiple force definitons and displacement constraints, and additonal non Hyperelastic materials and some surface regions.

So my question is What would prevent you from selecting Hyperelasticity in the Static Analysis dialog box?

Thanks for any help you can send my way,
Don Anderson

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ehaenen
4-Participant
(To:danderson)

Don...

Fasteners contain beams, you would require a solids only model if I remember correctly.

Throw out the fasteners and see if you can select, then find an alternative aproach for the fasteners.

Erik

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ehaenen
4-Participant
(To:danderson)

Don...

Fasteners contain beams, you would require a solids only model if I remember correctly.

Throw out the fasteners and see if you can select, then find an alternative aproach for the fasteners.

Erik

Erik,

You are correct and PTC confirmed what you said. You currently can not use hyperelastic materials with Mechanica/Simulate Fasteners. The fasteners have to be solid models and no Beam Elements my exist in the assembly or models.

PTC is looking at allowing fasteners in the future.

Thank you for the help.

Don Anderson

Top Tags