cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Undo component drag

lsilva
1-Newbie

Undo component drag

I've clicked on Drag Components just for testing, now my assembly is messed up.

And worse: Creo saved it !

Hot to undo that ?

Ctrl+z doesn't work.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:lsilva)

I assume your components were not fully constrained? If so, I'd redefine them and fully constrain them.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

I assume your components were not fully constrained? If so, I'd redefine them and fully constrain them.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

True

It was not fully constrained.

Had to do all over

I've used the existent datum to bind the first part, instead of using the Default constraint
That was my error...

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Use snapshots before you drag components. This gives you a quick way back.

Thanks

Won't forget that on the next time

Actually, I saw that option on the Drag component window

I was thinking that "I was so careless for not to have investigated and used it the first time !", but you may agree: it is completely counterintuitive to think there is no way to undo such a change...

Thanks again guys

Top Tags