cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Usage of Solidworks EPDM with Creo 4.0

Drew
7-Bedrock

Usage of Solidworks EPDM with Creo 4.0

Greetings Everyone! I am doing research, with the hopes of acquiring the ability to use Solidworks EPDM with Creo 4.0 parts and assemblies.  I have read a variety of pros and cons but have not seen any articles or postings of how to actually make it happen. There was one article that discussed using the "renamer add-in" on the server and how the Solidworks EPDM will remove the version extension ( I will be using this as a starting point) but can anyone add any recent experience or suggestions on how to utilize the two platforms. Thank you nd I look forward to your response.

2 REPLIES 2
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Drew)

Hi,

I do not believe that anyone uses such software combination. I suggest you to contact Solidworks company and ask them.

Martin Hanák

Hi,
I use this combination of pro/e with ePDM.
The installation process using creo 1 and win 10 is wrong and you have to create the protk.dat file tgat will enable the add in in the creo system.
Second, there is a problem of using /changing pro/e files in windows explorer. This is why I founded that if I use other application or using and manipulate pro/e files with search.exe of the ePDM.
After solving these issues I can tell that ePDM can handle pro/e files such as parts/asssmblies/drawings/sheet formats.
Even when saving assemblies in the ePDM system it will build automatically the connection between fikes and also BOM. You can search for pro/e files and find files by their filename or any mapped property and also by searching any free text in the drawing.
Hope it made you clear about this combination.

Orion Lidji
System manager
SodaStream
Top Tags