cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Using Part meshes in an Assembly

HanjoHoogendoor
1-Newbie

Using Part meshes in an Assembly

Dear readers,

I am struggling with the integrated pro/Mechanica Wilfire 4 interface, because I want to run a modal analysis from an assembly with a fine mesh.

I created the meshes in the individual parts (but added some masses and beams in the assembly). The assembly does run and gives results but it created new very large elements which i don't like. Is there a possibility to enforce Mechanica to use the meshes created in the parts?

Thanks,

Hanjo

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Could it be that skeletons 'mess up' proMechanica ?

Creating a new assembly without the skeleton works fine; I have no clue how to exclude skeletons from Mechanica. So for me no skeletons in Mechanica anymore. Maybe people have any additions?

It seems that Mechanica still does not use the meshes from the parts, but remeshes all components. Adding surface regions for localized finer mesh works in the parts but not in the assembly it argues about split or redefine shell pairs. Well that didn't help. Meshing in part does work but isn't used in the assembly. Appearently I have to start over again.

Kind Regards,

Hanjo

Hanjo,

There is only one mesh file for the assembly regardless of number of parts.

Try sequentially meshing components by volume.

You may have to carefully select the order you choose the components and you may have to apply Autogem controls at tricky interfaces.

I have not had any issues with skeletons.

Charles

Skeletons can be excluded by simplified representations.

Top Tags