cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Using Pro/Program to replace components in an assembly.

fsyed
1-Newbie

Using Pro/Program to replace components in an assembly.

Hello,

It's the first time I'm using Pro/Program and I want to replace a component by an other in an assembly without using family table.

To start with Pro/Program, I'm working on a simple example of a closet driven by inputs like number of column and number of row.

I added cubes in this closet using pattern and datum points created in a skeleton.

I want to change CUBE2.PRT by CUBE3.PRT

So I put in relation :

IF CHANGE_PART == yes

COMP = "CUBE2.prt"

ELSE

COMP = "CUBE3.prt"

ENDIF

and I've changed

ADD PART CUBE2 by ADD COMPONENT(COMP)

I've just "Fix" my part CUBE2 in the assembly without constraints and did a pattern with the datum points created in a skeleton.

So at the first time, it was working but when CHANGE_PART == NO, the replacement doesn't work and I have the error message below :

Is there something I forgot when I'm writting in ProProgram?

Is there a solution to keep constraints when I replace a part in an assembly without using family table?

Thank you,

Farida

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:fsyed)

Farida,

you have to create Interchange assembly and put cube2 and cube3 model into it. Then you define their interchangability, that means you'll inform Creo about corresponding references used to assemble part into main assembly. Unfortunatelly this functionality is not available in any Creo license, you need Pro/ASSEMBLY module in your license.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:fsyed)

Farida,

you have to create Interchange assembly and put cube2 and cube3 model into it. Then you define their interchangability, that means you'll inform Creo about corresponding references used to assemble part into main assembly. Unfortunatelly this functionality is not available in any Creo license, you need Pro/ASSEMBLY module in your license.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags