cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using assembly parameters in family table instances

Visitor

Using assembly parameters in family table instances

Dear all,

yet another parameter usage post. Hopefully not the usual. I could not find an answer to our problem.

I have a family table part and i need to use assembly level parameters into the instances. But fact is, the generic part is not used in the assembly. 

it looks like - though the instances are called into the assembly and have their session ID - the generic has no session ID.

If I use the assembly level parameter in the instance relations, the relations apparently are modified at generic  level crapping up the overall assembly.

The feeling - not sure I did the right troubleshooting - is that i can not inject assembly parameters into an instance as I somewhat inject the assembly parameters into the instance. is there a way to act at instance level?

thanks in advance,

Edo777

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Using assembly parameters in family table instances

Hi,

it seems to that driving family table instances "from outside" is not implemented.

Martin Hanák

How do you "inject" the assembly level parameters into the part?

If you are using EXECUTE statements, then this might be a solution:

• Place the generic in your assembly. Hide it. We also use a user parameter in the family table to exclude the generic from our BOM
  • Use EXECUTE statements to drive/inject the parameters of the generic
  • Use those parameters in your instances

Hi HamsterNL,

thanks for your suggestion.

I have to dig down a bit myself on how to use the EXECUTE statements you propose, we never did it before here. o

And my specific project now asks me to focus on other details, so, I will let you know when I am "back-on-the-piece". Well, assembly.

Thanks for your suggestion!"

Edo