Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Visibilities Clip % issue - Wildfire 2

Highlighted

View Visibilities Clip % issue - Wildfire 2

I am working on Wildfire 2.0 and have started experiencing a problem with the clip%. Onsome models it works correctly, allowing me to make thin slices through the assembly. On other assemblies that have the same number of components and are roughly the same dimensional size, the display shows the complete model until the clip % bar get to around 30%. Then the entire model disappears. If I type in 29.80 or some other number very close to 30 I sometimes get a clipped view. Strangely, it worked normally a few months ago when I was developing the assemblies. During the same session I can call up models that work and some that don't. Accuracy and units are the same in all the models.

Is there a way to adjust the fineness of the clip% or is this a known problem with a fix?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

RE: View Visibilities Clip % issue - Wildfire 2

Input from several members lead me down the path of removing the geometric tolerances from the model tree (gp1, gp2, etc.) for each component in the assembly. Only after they were removed from each component would the assembly clip correctly. I also found that this applied to the individual components as well. By themselves, they would not clip unless all the geo. tols. were deleted. Unfortunately, this assembly and all its components are fully documented. Deleting the tolerances from the models also removes them from the drawings (at least that how it works with my settings). So this is not an option. The work around was to run the backup command on the assembly to a new directory. Then strip off the geo. tols. and perform the assembly clipping on this "spare" assembly. Quite a long way around but it works.

Thanks for your help.

Announcements