cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

View center change after edit definition

dvanzee
4-Participant

View center change after edit definition

Creo Parametric 2.0 M070

Any idea why the view center shifts after I edit definition of an part in an assembly? I am zoomed way in on an assembly that is about 2m x 2m, to change the location of an M5 nut, and after I change the location, the view center shifts away from my part to some random(?) area.

This is monotonous, since I am editing dozens of parts, and have to repeatedly pan back to where I am working.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:dvanzee)

Sometimes this is caused by a change of the assembly extents.

Most of the time this is intended functionality. Obviously you are done working on the M5 nut, so you should be paying attention somewhere else. This is just the developer's way of trying to help you. This behaviour goes back at least 10 revisions; probably has always been there.

Consider creating a mapkey that saves the current orient/zoom and another that restores that.

dvanzee
4-Participant
(To:dschenken)

David,

Yes, I thought of that. Of course, if the part I am moving now extends out of my assembly by 500mm, I expect the extents to change, but I am working on an M5 nut buried deep inside a much larger assembly.

If they wanted to help me, they could shift view to the next part in the model tree, since that would logically be the next item to work on.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Top Tags