cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

What does " Failed; Packaged " means when regenerating a model?

rjoven
1-Newbie

What does " Failed; Packaged " means when regenerating a model?

Hi,

Creo generates a bunch of errors when I regenerate, so I am trying to figure out what those errors mean to take appropriate action. It shows "failed; packaged" or "packaged" as errors. I have no idea what that means. I tried to editing the definitions again, but I had no luck. See image below.

untitled.png

Moreover, in Windchill those parts are already checked in and released. So I am just borrowing them for my new assembly. Nevertheless, somehow they get modified and then when I try to check in my assembly it is asking me also to check in these components. I did not do any modification to those components... it seems that upon assembly they get modified somehow... I tried deleting them and assembling again, but it did not work.

Any help would be appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:rjoven)

For the modified objects in your workspace that you do not wish to modify, make sure you lock everything in your workspace except what you plan on modifying. If you need to modify them, you can always unlock and check them out later. Windchill will always try to check in modified components attached to an assembly you are checking in, but if you don't check them out, they will not check in.

Typically, if you have a lot of modified objects you didn't intend to modify, you either have external references in those parts to the assembly or you have relations in the parts that are being "recalculated" that is "changing" the parts.

I'm not sure what fail;packaged  is other than the parts are not fully constrained in the assembly.

Thank you for your feedback. OK, I thought that I was going to modify the locked models. I also found that during check-in I have as default "modified and new". In order to not modify the locked/unwanted models, I selected "set for check in" and it now allows me to check in only the model that I was working on.

untitled.jpg

Thanks for your help!

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Those are "views". They don't change the data or what is checked in or not checked in.  Only items that are checked out can be checked in. When you select an assembly for check-in, it will pull all the modified data in to a window but still, only the check out items will be checked in.

vzak
6-Contributor

Hi,

These statuses are regeneration statuses, not related to winchill.

"Failed" means this particular component (or its parent if mentioned in Parent column) failed regeneration in Creo at its latest regen attempt for some reason - either it has missing placement references, or constraints do not match together.

"Packaged" means this component is under constrained i.e. has degree of freedom - you should decide if this is by design or poses a problem to you.

Regards

- Vlad

Top Tags