cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

What is the symbol for a "NULL" value?

CM10
1-Newbie

What is the symbol for a "NULL" value?

For relations, I had found and used it once, but can't seem to any find it again. And, of course, the "Help" is no help at all..... I thought it was "||" or something.

I'm dealing with a parts list where some of the vendor parts in the assembly have no parameters at all. Since we use a relation:
IF asm_mbr_description1 == "XYZ DESCRIPTION3"
QTY_REQD = "AR"
ELSE
QTY_REQD = rpt_qty
ENDIF

If the "DESCRIPTION1" parameter does not exist, the quantity cells do not populate at all.

So, what I want to do is write the relation such that if the "DESCRIPTION1" parameter does not exist, then:
QTY_REQD = rpt_qty

I thought perhaps if I used the symbol for "NULL" instead of just " that it would work, but can;t seem to find the symbol to try.

Anyone?

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
ehill
1-Newbie
(To:CM10)

You want to use this syntax:

If exists("asm_mbr_description1")
QTY_REQD = "AR"
ELSE
QTY_REQD = rpt_qty
ENDIF
endif

Best Regards,
CM10
1-Newbie
(To:CM10)

Eric,

I think that might be exactly what I've been looking for. I'llgive it a try.

Thanks!

Frank

In Reply to Eric Hill:

You want to use this syntax:

If exists("asm_mbr_description1")
QTY_REQD = "AR"
ELSE
QTY_REQD = rpt_qty
ENDIF
endif

Best Regards,