cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

What's wrong with this assembly xsec?

James62
10-Marble

What's wrong with this assembly xsec?

01.PNG02.PNG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
13 REPLIES 13

Hi

could you elaborate the problem you are facing with the two images

It is not quite clear to me

From the first image it seems that you are going for offset section, but you have joined first and end points(may not be required)

But actually I could not understand the exact problem you are facing

Regards

K.Mahanta

Hello,

Yes, I am making an offset cross section of an assembly.

1st image shows the xsec after its completed. For some strange reason both end points of the xsec are connected with a line. This causes wrong display of xsec in assembly drawing.

2nd image shows the sketch of the xsection where everything is just how it should be as far as I know. Both ends of the line are overlaping the view and are not connected with adittional line as it is on 1st image.

In Creo 1.0 the free line points in sketches are shown in red. I am on Creo parametric 1.0 M020

Thanks.

Hi

I agree with you

In Creo it shows the ends with red dots(May be a new feature)

But everything else are the same.And you should not face any problem in creating section.

In the First Picture ;you can redefine the section and remove the extra line

Are you facing any other problem in creating section?

Regards

K.Mahanta

hi,

Could you please tell me how can i remove the extra line thats connecting the ends of the sketch in first picture? Its not showing in the sketch.

I dont think you can modify offset cross sections but maybe i am missing something.

I ve alredy deleted the cross section and made a planar one instead cause remaking it even several times didnt help. I kept getting the same result as shown in 1st picture.

Thanks

Hi

you can edit a offset section

Check the ppt

Regards

K.Mahanta

hi,

Thanks for the ppt slide, Kshetrabasi

Looks like you can modify the dimensions but can you also

1) Modify the sketch references?

2) Add or remove lines?

I don't think so.

Anyway i still have no idea how to remove that additional line on 1st pic.

Thanks.

Hi

1. you can modify sketch reference

2. you can add or remove lines

Try it

If you face any problem I will upload the ppt for the same

Regards

K.Mahanta

hello,

I tried to make similar offset cross sec on the same assembly again just now and I get a same result like the 1st picture shows.

I tried modifying xsec sketch refs and it worked just fine.

But removing lines and adding new ones didn't work at all.

Thanks for your help, Kshetrabasi.

This work is done already anyway. I dont think i will have to recreate the assembly later on.

Just wishing I won't make any cursed assy like that again.

Hi Jakub

I just tried to understand why the feature (chage section lines/ add or delete)do not work in your case.

Because this feature works fine in my system.

I have deleted and then added two new lines.

The new lines showed in different colour.

You can try this feature in a different (new) assembly

Regards

K.Mahanta

change.JPG

Message was edited by: kshetrabasi mahanta (Images and file attached)

That's interesting, Kshetrabasi.

I'll definetly try offset xsec modification once I get to do some changes on another assembly.

I usually pick axes in holes of the model as references for the sketch of section. These axes references appear as points in the sketch. Then I apply coincident constrain to fix the section sketch lines to these points.

Thanks.

hi Kshetrabasi,

I've tried modifying xsec on smaller and simpler assembly and it worked.

Guess there are too many circular references on the assy I've had xsec problem with.

Thanks for all your help.

Jakub,

just to eliminate OPENGL problem, add temporarily the following option at the end of config.pro file, restart Creo 1.0 and open your drawing.

graphics win32_gdi

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

hi,

That additional cutting plane is still there even with graphics config changed

win32_gdi.jpg

Top Tags