cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

When I am adding screws automatically through IFX, the generated bolt nut is having interferences becuase bolt is modelled on major dia and nut is modelled on minor dia. I have an assemblies where I have more than thousand parts including screws and nuts.

jsarkar
1-Newbie

When I am adding screws automatically through IFX, the generated bolt nut is having interferences becuase bolt is modelled on major dia and nut is modelled on minor dia. I have an assemblies where I have more than thousand parts including screws and nuts.

When I am adding screws automatically through IFX, the generated bolt nut is having interferences becuase bolt is modelled on major dia and nut is modelled on minor dia. I have an assemblies where I have more than thousand parts including screws and nuts. When I am adding screws through IFX and doing global interference check, the result is always filled with screw interferences, therefore it is difficult to identify real intereferences. Why dont PTC make the library model nut part with hole major dia and put the cosmetic thread as internal minor dia. I think in this method there would not be any interferences in library part.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Jayanta,

thank you for mooving your idea IFX screw fastenersto the IFX Group.

I have added you idea to this group: Avoid interference for IFX fasteners.

Lets see what other users say.

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Hi Jayanta,

by the way - of course it is possible to modify the part like you want.

Just open the template and redefine the fastener. If you need assistance in customizing parts I can send you a user guide for this.

PTC will also upload a movie and/or a document about customizing IFX parts to the help center soon.

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

yes sire guide will be helpful to me, please send me, j.sarkar@paharpur.com

Top Tags