cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

When trying to load a tetrix omni wheel, it said some pieces not found, why is this?

mbugler
1-Newbie

When trying to load a tetrix omni wheel, it said some pieces not found, why is this?

We downloaded the tetrix parts for PTC Creo. When we try to assembly the omni wheel to the robot in CAD, the omni wheel won't load. It says some pieces are missing which should not be. Why is it doing this and how can we fix this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:mbugler)

Matt,

Check if the missing parts reported on opening assembly in Creo are available in downloaded files?

Can you share the link to download for testing?

It shows that one of the hubs are missing, but I am not sure if this is the real problem.

We downloaded it from the PTC website. (Link below)

Software | PTC

Hi,

please provide the name of problematic model.

MH

Martin Hanák

It is assembly model: tetrix_736466

Hi,

the root of the problem >>> tetrix_736466.asm references "old" component names (these names have _2012 string at end). Unfortunatelly components have been renamed (_2012 string has been removed).

Problem resolution:

Rename below mentioned files inside Creo !!!

1.] open and rename following parts ... add _2012 string at end of the name

tetrix_736466_bearing.prt -> tetrix_736466_bearing_2012.prt

tetrix_736466_hub.prt -> tetrix_736466_hub_2012.prt

tetrix_736466_roller.prt -> tetrix_736466_roller_2012.prt

tetrix_736466_roller_axle.prt -> tetrix_736466_roller_axle_2012.prt

tetrix_736466_screw.prt -> tetrix_736466_screw_2012.prt

2.] open and rename following assembly ... add _2012 string at end of the name

tetrix_736466_roller.asm -> tetrix_736466_roller_2012.asm

3.] open tetrix_736466.asm

MH

Martin Hanák

Hey Martin,

I tried your advice with the latest download from PTC but I am still having trouble. Specifically, I am trying to load the assembly "731132" and "736466". I see in Creo that it is looking for those parts but even after a rename it is still searching for them, even after adding the directory to Creo and renaming the files. Any idea whats wrong? thanks

Hi,

please provide more details.

1.] attach a picture o Creo window after opening "736466" - I need to see model names in model tree

2.] attach a picture of Windows Explorer window showing "736466" files

3.] how did you rename files ... in Windows Explorer or in Creo ?

MH

Martin Hanák

I didn't realize until I re-read your post that you said to rename them in Creo and not windows, but regardless I rebooted my pc today and it suddenly works being renamed in Windows. Problems solved I guess. Thanks for the support.

Top Tags