cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Which enhancements of Creo 4.0 do you like best?

lbai
4-Participant

Which enhancements of Creo 4.0 do you like best?

I think Creo 4.0 is a very classic big release than Creo 3.0, the following enhancements are I like top ten:

• Box- selection - available in part mode and assembly, very convenient and effective
  • New Mini Toolbar- Direct command access from Mini Toolbar and dual context support
  • Flexible modeling extension added into sheetmetal and simulate
  • Sketch snapping to model entities- without explicit projection
  • Style G3 (Acceleration) Connections
  • Assembly new Booleans - Many to many
  • 3D Sweep
  • Mid-plane
  • Full screen
  • File names Support for double-byte characters

You can review full list from https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS236243

Other good news, refer to https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS251133, Creo 4.0 M010 will support AR and Creo 4.0 M020 will support IOT

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7
James62
10-Marble
(To:lbai)

Does filenaming in Creo Parametric 4.0 allow for longer names than 31 characters? Does it allow spaces, forward slashes, dots and other sorts of chars?

I guess I should just install it and try it out.

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:James62)

The better question is: does Windchill x support these characters in names?

Good question. I imagine Windchill will require upgrade.

James62
10-Marble
(To:James62)

Ok so, it works as in previous releases, that is 31 chars limit and only dashes and underscores are allowed.

whu-2
4-Participant

I just like geometry search tool in flexible modeling, set line thickness in sketch, new material library including about 100 material and new cross-section hatch library

gzhou-2
2-Guest

just like the 3D Sweep. but need to half year for Creo 4.0 M020

udyna
4-Participant

The following new is very good, also wait for many many year ago

• file name support Chinese
  • Datum Feature Symbol
  • mid-plane
  • full screen