cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Why does exploded assembly keep changing my orient views?

nlambe2
4-Participant

Why does exploded assembly keep changing my orient views?

Sorry if this sounds confusing, I'm going to try to explain what I mean in the clearest way possible hopefully.  I have an assembly that I'm working with right now and when I'm making an exploded view in the View Manager, it seems that whatever view orientation I choose will override that view with my current exploded view.  For example, if I'm making an exploded view in front iso and uncheck the "Explode State" box in the edit menu, when I go to save it it'll ask me to pick an orientation in the "Save Display Elements" box that pops up. And if I for some reason chose another view like back iso in this dialog box, then back iso loses it's original coordinates and changed to how I've made my exploded assembly, causing me to go into the orient menu and re-enter the coordinates for back iso to put it back to its original position.  So I guess what I'm asking is if there is anyway to lock down a view position so that it is independent of my exploded state position and cannot be accidentally changed?

1 REPLY 1
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:nlambe2)

Not sure what is happening in your situation.  If you move the view (spin, zoom, explode) while redefining the explode, when you save the explode you can check the box for also saving the orientation (since it has changed).  Do not check the box for orientation and the orientation will not be saved.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags