cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Windchill IFX download

ChiselnMallet1
12-Amethyst

Windchill IFX download

Hello,

IFX catalogs and fastener data is unable to download to the local users machine from windchill.  We are running windows 10.  I am the admin and all the .dat files uploaded to Windchill are from my computer.  I have not trouble downloading if I run CREO in administrator mode.  But other users only get as far as Windchill writing the ifx_catalog folder and ifx_fastener_data folders.  The files from windchill are not able to be written to the local computer.

Any tips on how to get this to work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

UPDATE:  The url for the windchill locations to ifx_fastener_data and ifx_catalogs in my case started with "wtpub://Windchill/..."  the syntax is "wtpub://server  alias/".  My server alias was "windchill".  Lower case "w".  When I changed the server alias to have a capital "W" it worked fine...

Long story short... the alias is case sensitive when used in the URL.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

UPDATE:  The url for the windchill locations to ifx_fastener_data and ifx_catalogs in my case started with "wtpub://Windchill/..."  the syntax is "wtpub://server  alias/".  My server alias was "windchill".  Lower case "w".  When I changed the server alias to have a capital "W" it worked fine...

Long story short... the alias is case sensitive when used in the URL.

Top Tags