cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Windchill Publisher Setting

BillRyan
15-Moonstone

Windchill Publisher Setting

I'm looking for confirmation thatsetting "publish.republishonepmdocumentchange"at a value of "true" will solve the issue where "wcadmin" modified objects do not have a representation at the latest iteration. All of our automated publishing is currently based on Check-In.

Link below is the original thread I found discussing the topic in WC9.1/WF3. We are in WC10.1/View 2.0/Parametric 2.0.

http://portal.ptcuser.org/p/fo/st/topic=16&post=77253#p77253

The attached JPG titled "republish setting" shows our current conundrum of released objects not having a representation due to the release workflow.Note in the image that there are three iterations in released state. I'm concerned this setting will only get the first iteration change from In Work to Release.

The attached video shows many issues our users will experience by navigating and using Creo View with positioning assembly structure if this is not fixed in our system.At the core of this issue, is thatreleased objects are not published.(also hopethis thread will prevent pain for others).

Maybe there are other alternatives to getting the wcadmin modifed object to point at the correct representation instead of republishing it? While at the last technical committee, somebody mentioned bringing forward the previous representation where no change to geometry is made by wcadmin.

Please reply if your company hasthis setting at true tosolve theissue we are havingor provide alternate solution if one exists. Thanks.

Bill Ryan

Peterbilt Motors Company

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hello , I really doubt if that will you , because the change property publishes when a LC state change is happening . Instead can you check if there are any filtermethod implementaion you system.

Meaning , filterepmdocumentpublishmethod property in your wvs props. I believe there can be some validation to block wcadmin from publishing an asm file.

Also can u pls check if the Doc Publish for wcadmin works ?

Regards,

Sriram Rammohan

Top Tags