cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Working Directory is Changed After Creating Backup of a File

tushargadhave
10-Marble

Working Directory is Changed After Creating Backup of a File

If a user makes some changes after backing up a part/assembly in proe and then save the model, the changes are saved in back up directory i.e the working directory is changed. Requirement is that if a user creates a part and takes a backup, then only upto that much part should be saved in backup directory and further changes to be stored in original working directory.Please help.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

I have experienced this issues as well. It doesn't only happen when you save a copy but also when you open a file that is not in the working directory. Like if you start a new part and specify a startpart from a different folder. The new file is saved in that folder instead of the working directory. This does not happen if you use the default startpart specified in your config.pro file. It only happens if you manually specify a different one.

I guess the only suggestion I have for you is that you create a mapkey for "save a copy" that resets the working directory after the save as function.

If you are working in a Pro/E session linked to a PDM workspace this is not an issue.

Paul,

try config.pro option file_open_default_folder working_directory to force ProE to stay in working directory.

Martin

Martin Hanák

I'll give that a try. But, no matter what that help document says if you set a working directory it should always save there, no matter where you open from or save as to. But, that is just my oppinion.

Thanks for the pointer.

Tushar,

backup command works as specified on http://www.ptc.com/cs/help/proengineer_hc/proe_help/ ...

If you make changes to a model after backing it up and then save the model, the changes are always saved in the backup directory

Martin

Martin Hanák

Yes, that is what they have mentioned in their help document.

However, i agree with Paul that once I select a directory, it should always save there no matter where I create it's backup.

Thanks anyways to all of you for replying.

Got the solution friends...

changed config option "override_store_back" to "yes"

Top Tags