cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Yellow box appearing on models

ErikZabokrtsky
8-Gravel

Yellow box appearing on models

I have been fighting an issue with a yellow box showing up on top of models and assemblies within Creo. I can't figure out what is causing it, as it is mainly only showing up with larger assemblies. We are using Creo 3.0 M100 and this is the only computer having this issue.creo_graphics.JPG

First started on an NVIDIA Quadro K4000 and I have since updated to a AMD Firepro W7100. I have tried old drivers and the newest drivers but the boxes still appear.

Usually this community is faster than PTC Help tickets, but I'll go that route if needed.

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

You've reached the end of the Creo universe.  Please stand back...

Since you've put it to a number of graphics cards, I'd say it is time for PTC to look at it.

I've found things far off in space, perspective artifacts, and render features acting up.

edit:  What computer is this?  I have found that Dell NVidia drivers work a lot better than NVidia drivers direct.

Its a custom built computer with as much certified hardware as possible. I never really had issues with NVidia drivers before, just stayed a couple revisions back to make sure the kinks were all out. Switched to the W7100 because it seemed to have better or equal performance at a cheaper price. This is the first issue we've had with them and probably have around 15 for the last year or so.

I had an Nvidia card fail where it mostly worked, but had odd things happen. I think it forgot how to do videos. Dropped in a replacement with no other changes and video was fine. You didn't mention if you had swapped with another computer.

Hi,

try also following config.pro option to turn off OpenGL graphics temporarily.

graphics  win32_gdi

MH

Martin Hanák

Opened a ticket with PTC Support and it appears the box is tied to the Annotations. If you select all annotations and change their color, then the box changes along with it. So now we are looking in to which annotation is causing the issue.

Sometimes those support peeps really shine

Glad you are getting somewhere on this.

Happy holidays!

Out of curiosity, have you tried updating and saving the mechanism snapshots?

Hope this help,

Don Anderson

Fyi, any changes to models, sub assemblies, and top level assembly and then the snap shots need to be re-updated and saved. If you see a component exponentially larger on the screen or out of possiton, this indicates snap shots are out of date and need to be updated and resaved. Really wish PTC would rewrite mechanism and snap shots and make it no longer dependent on the explode state code.

Top Tags