cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

activate and suppress a group by relations

MichaelOry
1-Newbie

activate and suppress a group by relations

Hello,

I have an assembly which is flexible (dedicated to other assemblies). I call this assembly "master".

My master is variable in the three dimensions and I want to activate or suppress a group if the depth of my master is < 550.

Which is the good operator to do that?

I tested this one but it failed (!) :

if(Profondeur:0) < 550
ID [2629] = false
ID [3290]= true
else
ID [3290]= false
ID [2629]=true
endif

is there someone to help me?

Thank you

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

I would explore the Pro/PROGRAM functionality, which can do exactly what you want to do. It's more involved than just writing relations the way you have; the appropriate conditional logic has to be embedded in the background program for the part or assembly in question, but it's not difficult and can be very powerful. Briefly, you end up using your IF...ENDIF conditions to bracket the sections of the (already created in the background) Program which start with Add Feature (or Add Component) and end with End Add. There's more to it than that, though, and more than can be easily covered in one of these forum responses.

Hello David,

My topic description wasn't complete enough...

I know that ProProgram can be used for that problem but i don't want to use it because there's absolutely no way to know if Pro/Program is used in a part or an assembly, even in PDMLink. More of it, my team isn't very at ease with ProE now, so I don't want to blow their mind with notions of Pro/Program.

the right question is : which is the good operator to suppress and re-activate a group of parts or assembly in relations? (or even, is it possible?)

thank you

I'm sorry to say that it's not possible, as far as I know; Pro/PROGRAM is really the only direct place to turn entire features and components on and off. Any chance you can use a Family Table for what you want to do?

In managing assembly I recommend to use ProProgram.

1. Create a new parameter that clearly defines the required object for suppression.
For example, parameter SUPPRESSED_GROUP (YES / NO)

2. In the relation is necessary to define:

IF (Profondeur: 0) <550

SUPPRESSED_GROUP=YES

ELSE
SUPPRESSED_GROUP=NO
ENDIF

3. In the ProProgram find objects that you wish to manage and write for example:

if SUPPRESSED_GROUP=NO

ADD SUBASSEMBLY MY_GROUP
INTERNAL COMPONENT ID 2629
END ADD

END IF

if SUPPRESSED_GROUP=NO

ADD PART MY_GROUP_2
INTERNAL COMPONENT ID 3290
END ADD

END IF

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy