cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

assembly save as...

MichalLukac
4-Participant

assembly save as...

hello.

I have an assembly AsmA with parts, let's say PartA PartB PartC . I saved this assembly as new assembly AsmB and leaved the same parts names ,just renamed partC to PartC1... it works.

Then I created some feature (in part level) in asm AsmA in activated PartA . The feature is depend on PartB (I used some edges of PartB as references). This feature is obviously in partA in AsmB too. But I cannot edit the feature in asmB because it was created in different assembly. This never mind.

Now I need to save the AsmA as a new asm. with new name of partC but the parts A and B reuse. It doesn't allow to reuse PartA because it references renamed AsmA. What to do about this?

I work in creo 3

thanks for help

michal

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michal,

in more complex situation you can:

• backup original assembly into empty directory
  • erase original assembly
  • open the assembly copy from backup directory
  • rename assembly
  • rename PartC
  • save assembly
  • erase assembly
  • move files from backup directory to "production" directories

Yes, I know, this procedure is complicated, too ... .

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Michal,

maybe https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS190735 contains an explanation.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hello, thanks for reply... Yes,This document just explains why the parts cannot be reused, this is clear for me.

I've already solved it in such way that I deleted the feature, save as new assembly, and recreated the feature in original asmbly again. Fortunately it is only one simple feature so not too much work. But in the case of many parts or features with external reference... it's too much work.

I just looked for some setting or some way how to turn off this dependency checking in this case.

Michal,

in more complex situation you can:

• backup original assembly into empty directory
  • erase original assembly
  • open the assembly copy from backup directory
  • rename assembly
  • rename PartC
  • save assembly
  • erase assembly
  • move files from backup directory to "production" directories

Yes, I know, this procedure is complicated, too ... .

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Yes it is... but what to do...

Top Tags