cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

assembly

emathivanan
1-Newbie

assembly

i have heard that few companies doing assembly without constraining ... they are doing by only move command(NX8.5)... How can i do those things in creo? i tried move option... but i could not understand its functionality..

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

You end up with nothing but a "packaged" assembly, where everything is just floating in space, not constrained to anything.  I would strongly advise against it.  For one thing, Mechanism will NOT work, or any of the other things you can do with a properly constrained assembly.

yes sir.. but how to do that in creo?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:emathivanan)

You are comparing apples and oranges (Creo and NX).

NX can handle the moved components much better than Creo can.

We had pre-NX and early NX users you never mated their assembly components and it was not a problem. Creo does not like unmated components.

bduncan
15-Moonstone
(To:emathivanan)

12.gifparhaps it will be useful for you.

Top Tags