cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

best practice with PTC CREO Options Modeler and Windchill PDMLink

Ronan
13-Aquamarine

best practice with PTC CREO Options Modeler and Windchill PDMLink

hello here,

I'm doing some tests with PTC CREO Options Modeler linked to Windchill PDMLink.

I would like to have feedbacks, more especially about WS cache management. let me explain my answer:

I add to my workspace from CS a configurable product, without dépendances. ----> so I have just the .asm file in my WS.

I open this assembly in a simplified rep that exclude all components. ----> so in the cache WS, I have just one "sid... .wfcont" file.

I open the "alternative configuration" feature (the below button), a window opens with 3 parts: options | model tree | graphic preview

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

when this Window opens, the cache will populate with one "sid... .wfcont" file per part.

when this Window opens WITHOUT the graphic preview, the cache will populate only if I open a configurable module node.

so here is my answer: How can I configure PTC CREO to not show this third part?

or, is there an option to not populate the cache until I do not create my variant?

thanks in advance

Ron

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ronan
13-Aquamarine
(To:Ronan)

I found this config.pro option:

dm_preview_searches_server no

it allows to not download the files for the preview, so the preview is still open, but empty.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ronan
13-Aquamarine
(To:Ronan)

I found this config.pro option:

dm_preview_searches_server no

it allows to not download the files for the preview, so the preview is still open, but empty.

Top Tags