Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bug in displacement?

bug in displacement?

after analysing my model, a component which was constraint on one side and the other side of that was resting on a V groove had most deformation.

But what results shows me is that my component deformed into other component instead of walking over it. is this a bug? So creO is not able to undrestand the boundaries?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: bug in displacement?

Hi Camron,

Do you have contacts defined between the 2 parts in question?
Most likely your model analysis setup is missing something.

Don

I defined constraint on one end but at the other end I didn't define anything. that ring should be a boundary or something?

So after some research I noticed that contact interface is only working for non-linear static analysis and in other cases they will be considered as free interface. I don't know why ptc programmed the software like that.

Contact is a nonlinear phenomenon, so you want to include contacts, by definition you will need to run a non-linear analysis. This is not any different from any other software. A significant improvement came in Creo1 when you can combine several nonlinear phenomenon. Contact problems sometimes need to be combined with large deflection analysis, and this is now possible from Creo 1 and onwards...

In my experience, Creo has completely ignored tangential contact between a round a flat surface. Could that be an issue here?

Highlighted

Why do you say that?

The diagnostics window would indicate that it was ignored.

There were a couple of problems here originally.

1. One analysis was a modal, the contact is ignored hence unexpected results.

2. The results scaling of the static contact study was a little enthusuastic and the components appeared to pass through each other.

Hmm, I'd need to see the model then. Mechanica can do tangential contact (like Hertz contact problems).