cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

cannot retrieve bulk item

LiekLam
4-Participant

cannot retrieve bulk item

I'm using wildfire 4 M180, but checked that the problem I have also occurs in wildfire 5 creo 2 and creo 3

I cannot open some?? of the bulk items that were created in the past. Maybe that's what I think it is

Upon opening I get an error:

cannot retrieve bulk-error.JPG

I can assemble the bulk-type item into an assembly after reconfirming its re-use (never seen that before)

confirm-reuse-bulk-item.png

after assembly the bulk item appears in the model tree as expected

bulk 3.JPG

Recently created bulk items (like the blk0001.prt in the picture above) I can open.

as expected I see the this window:

bulk-item-parameter-window.png

When assembling this bulk item I do not need to confirm its reuse, it just assembles

questions:

Are there different types of bulk items ?

How do I make the ones that won't open behave like blk0001. (other then recreating them...)

background
I'm in a data migration process and I have tooling running doing a datacheck.

the migration software needs to open the file and read parameters

found this case   

ptc case CS99332

which has a resolution that in my view doesn't make sense :

• Reported to R&D as SPR 2153084
  • Works to product specification for Creo Parametric
  • To request a change in the functionality, refer to Product Ideas @ PTC Community
  • Bulk part cannot be retrieved standalone, only as an assembly component.

I hope you are able to knock some sense into this ?

Thx Liek

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags