cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

component installation quandry

JLG
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

component installation quandry

I need to figure out how we are going to install a particular component in an assembly where things are tight. What's the best method for determining and showing this? So far, I'm assembling the component in various positions, and will show each position separately. I'm afraid I'll miss potential interferences along the way. Are there better ways of doing this?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Kind regards,
Janet Grove

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
rmarion
2-Guest
(To:JLG)

If you assemble the component using Mechanism constraints you will be able to perform a Mechanism Analysis 'Playback' that will stop the component if it encounters a collision or interference situation. This requires the user to have the configuration file option enable_advance_collision set to a value of yes as well as the Collision Detection Settings dialog box options 'Global Collision Detection' and 'Stop When Colliding' selected before executing the Mechanism Analysis 'Playback'.

Top Tags