cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creo 3.0 Intelligent Fastener Extension, can we add new parameters to the file?

SOLVED

Re: creo 3.0 Intelligent Fastener Extension, can we add new parameters to the file?

Going back to the original question can I add custom parameters

Using param_relations.txt you can define all teh relations and parameter you want. However as most people have already stated you will require the advanced version.

thanks, Jim

Re: creo 3.0 Intelligent Fastener Extension, can we add new parameters to the file?

i think im going to turn it off for the entire office. what a waste of time

Tom,

I am unable to get this option to work. I have it set to no in my config.sup and config.pro located in the Common Files\text folder.

intelligent_fastener_enabled no

Creo 3 M030

Thank you in advance,

Lance L.

You need both of these:

afx_enabled no

intelligent_fastener_enabled no

You can't turn off IFX unless AFX is also off.

Tom,

I added those two options to my config.sup and it worked, turned it off and removed it from the toolbar. I did a further test and added them to my local config and set them to yes which turns it back on.

I thought the config.sup is used to set thinks that you do not want overwritten?

I think it is time to open a case with PTC.

Thank you for sharing the information.

Lance

Yes, please do, and let me know what they say. The config.sup is not supposed to be able to be overridden.

This is why I have created my own family tables with almost 11K parts in them in the past 18 months. We looked at IFX but when we heard the price to get the full version, decided to spend the money on something more productive.

I doubt these are the old pro_library file parts as IFX is licensed from B&W, so PTC has to make a profit on each license they sub-license.

Being individual part files is just not the best way to manage families of parts!

We looked at IFX but when we heard the price to get the full version, decided to spend the money on something more productive.

Just out of curiosity, what did you get instead?  Did you buy a different product or are you just using mapkeys and/or custom built automation to place fasteners?

We continue to place fasteners manually. Only the top level assembly has a significant amount of fasteners in it. If we make a new top level structure, we usually copy the last one over and then make mods.

Definitely not trying to sound like a sales guy here, but if you ever decide to purchase IFX, you can use all of your existing (11,000) fasteners with it, fully integrated with Windchill.  You don't have to use the ones that ship with it.