cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

creo view as a browser plug in

DaveClark
1-Newbie

creo view as a browser plug in

I've done a little digging and I see that Creo View displays parts and assemblies in Internet Explorer (Chrome seemed to start Creo View in stand alone mode).

So, if I build a web site and place .ed or .pvs files on it, with a link to download Creo View, I'm assuming that customers will now have the ability to view our parts and assemblies online without Windchill.

Is this correct? Can someone from PTC chime in on this one? I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

Thanks,

-Dave

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hello Dave,

I am not much into Windchill and even less into Creo View, as I mainly do Creo Parametric.

But since Creo View is installed on my host (you can hardly avoid it, when running linked sessions), I made a simple test by putting a *.pvs file into my Apache subfolder htdocs:

Selecting this file the initial Creo View Startup window with license selection came up and after selecting the Lite version the part got opened in Creo View in the browser tab (and yes, I have no Windchill running currently).

I don't have an *.ed file available for testing, but I see no reason why this should not work the same.

Have you also noticed this thread in the More Like This section? It might be interesting for you:

Using Creo View Express as a browser plugin

Hope, this information helps you!

Gunter

Thanks Gunter. I'll give it a look.

fafasf

fasfasfasfasf

Top Tags