cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

custom tab in Creo2

nrollins
1-Newbie

custom tab in Creo2

Hi

Has anyone figured out how to copy a custom tab from the assy set to the
part set of tabs? I have a great tab that I spent some good time creating,
but it only shows up in assembly mode because that is where I created it.
How can I access it in part mode?

Thanks!

-Nate

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Pretty sure you have to recreate it in each different mode you want it to show up in (PRT, ASM, DRW, etc.)

That's been my experience as well

Mike Brattoli

On Dec 12, 2013, at 7:50 AM, "Senchuk, Donald" <-<<a style="COLOR:" blue;=" text-decoration:=" underline&quot;=" target="_BLANK" href="mailto:-">>">mailto:->> wrote:

Pretty sure you have to recreate it in each different mode you want it to show up in (PRT, ASM, DRW, etc.)

Yup, and don't forget that standard part mode is not the same as sheetmetal part mode or skeleton part mode. Someone counted and found that there are something like 26 different modes. Most folks only use a few; I think I had to create 6 or 7 versions of my quick launch menu and mapkey tab.

--
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

That's called 'Progress'...

John

In my experience that is not necessary, If you create a custom tab for part mode it's active in sheetmetal mode. I've only done custom tabs for Part, Assembly, Drawing, and Simulate.

But as everyone else has already said, you have to recreate it for each mode.

David Haigh
cdspk
1-Newbie
(To:nrollins)

December 12, 2013 02:13 PM (in response toDoug Schaefer)

I've been impressed with this forum over the years as not (generally) a bunch of whingy old moaners, PTC are just an ordinary commercial company and Creo is the tool your using, a forum is for making the best of it not a venue for neg heads,

Top Tags