cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

customize export of solid bodies

wakeboarding77
6-Contributor

customize export of solid bodies

Is there a way to have an assembly open and then pick and choose what you want to export?  either a new Creo file or a Step file or any file for that matter.

9 REPLIES 9
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:wakeboarding77)

To a new Creo file, no.  To a STEP file yes.  With the config option "intf_out_blanked_entities" set to "no", only those items visible on the screen will be added to the export.  You can hide items a multitude of ways (manually, with layers, on a simplified rep, etc.)

wakeboarding77
6-Contributor
(To:TomU)

Thanks for your reply.  I am using Creo 4 and I do not see that option in the config file.

It is in the export options.  When doing a save as STEP there is an "Options..." button.  Select it and deselect Hidden entities.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
wakeboarding77
6-Contributor
(To:kdirth)

yeah I know about that button.  i tried that with little success.  The model opens with things missing and parts moved around in the wrong location.

If you are importing a file that was created as an assembly but you are trying to import it as a part, it will place all the components at the assembly coordinate system.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:StephenW)

@StephenW wrote:

If you are importing a file that was created as an assembly but you are trying to import it as a part, it will place all the components at the assembly coordinate system.

... unless you enable the config option "intf3d_in_as_part" and set it to "yes".  Then everything will come in correctly.  😁

would be nice if I can export a step file and pick and choose what solid bodies and surfaces I want.  Other software make this much easier.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:wakeboarding77)

Yes, Creo 4 (and later) uses export profiles.  See these KB articles:

As far as things being mispositioned, how are you re-importing the data?  As a part?  As an assembly?  In what software?  What export file type? (STEP, IGES, etc.)

wakeboarding77
6-Contributor
(To:TomU)

opening step file in E-drawings to check before sending to customer because I have zero faith in creo to do anything logical.  I could import back into creo and see.  I know other software that this is much much easier to do.  Mildly infuriating.  

Top Tags