cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

cut out in assembly not working

DavidS
1-Newbie

cut out in assembly not working

I am making a mold of a handle .I am able to perform the component operations cut out command but the mold does not show the cut out.

I use hide to remove the handle but it does not shoe the cavity or mold.

I am using Creo 3.0

Dave S.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:DavidS)

Some features have trouble doing the operation you expected.

These typically involve some kind of surface-continuous constraints in a surface or round feature.

If you post the files, and state if they are commercial version or education version, we may be able to identify the offending feature.

Please post as ZIP, not RAR

I use component cut out command all the time. I sometimes face similar issues or the cut out simply fails. A lot of these issues are down to part accuracies, have you tried matching the accuracy of the parts in the assembly? It may help.

John

Interesting.

I do a lot of massive assembly cuts to mimic shaded cross sections.

I use default accuracy 99.5% of the time.

It's been years since I've had an error doing this.

I'd really like PTC to take another look at how to manage accuracy.

Obviously, this is still a weak feature.

DavidS
1-Newbie

I should add more info. to the post.  I am using a solidworks 2014 file that's saved as a .prt file. Maybe a step or iges model might work better.

I did check part accuracies. I don't see any errors in the assembly with the cut out.

Dave

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Is the part coming in as a solid or shell surface?

There is always more to learn in Creo.
DavidS
1-Newbie
(To:kdirth)

It is a solid model watertight ,  under import feature info  it says make solid disabled

Top Tags