cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

error with distributed Pro/Batch

aparmiggiani
4-Participant

error with distributed Pro/Batch

Hi everybody

I recently started using distributed Pro/Batch for the generation of .dxf files from all .drw files stored in our repository folder

The .dxf generation process works ok for parts.

However when I try to generate .dxf files for assemblies the conversion fails

On the log I get the following error:

--------------------------------------------------------------

OPERATION | STATUS | COMMENTS

Connected to Pro/ENGINEER | Successful | C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 5.0\bin\proe1.psf

Reading Task Type Definition | Successful |

Copied configuration objects | Successful |

Search Paths added | Successful | "C:\Users\AP\Documents\...\hardware\mechanics\proe\"

Load Model into Pro/ENGINEER | Failed | [-4] Error: Incomplete input data.

Task Status : Failed

Any clues on how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance for any help

Alberto

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Alberto,

Have you verified that the assembly has all of the components in the same dirrectory and opens correctly in pro/e and regenerates?
Do any of the compoents have any features that fail when a full regeneration is performed?
Do you have the config pro option to freeze components enabled? If yes this might be part of the problem (this will hide assembly issues).

Just a couple of thoughts,
Don A

Thanks,
Don Anderson
No time Like the Present!

Hi Don

thanks for the suggestions

1. not all the components of the assembly are in the same directory. However I added the search paths in the config.pro file so when I load the model it regenerates correctly. Could this be a problem?
  2. When I open the model from ProE and regenerate it everything works ok. I even exported it to .dxf "manually" and once again everything worked fine.
  3. My config.pro has the freeze_failed_assy_comp set to No by default. Is this the option you were referring to?

thanks again

Alberto

Alberto,

My guess would be that Distrubited Batch not seeing the config.pro file and not reading the seach paths.
You might try adding the config.pro file to the Configuration Files settings task group for your dxf .dxc settings file
See attached image as an example
-Select Configuration Files (task group)
-click on the folder icon to the upper right (add Configuration Files to selected task group)

This might do the trick,
Don Anderson

configpro.jpg

Thanks,
Don Anderson
No time Like the Present!

Make sure you check for any spaces in any of the paths or statements. That one gets me every time.

A P,

Did you find a resolution for this issue?

aparmiggiani
4-Participant
(To:mbraaten)

kind of...

I simply added all my project files as configuration files.

It feels like a hack but it seems to work fine.

Top Tags