cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fixture manufacture to production run

Highlighted
Level 1

fixture manufacture to production run

I the production design stage I design the fixture, machine the fixture, use the fixture and program my production run using the fixture. I will model my fixture, bring it into a mfg file. machine the fixture with a stock part. I then bring the assembly fixture into the production part mfg file and program the part. I have a new guy that did "almost" the same thing. The problem he had was that he took the "duplicate" assembly file from manufacturingand used it as his fixture in his production machining. He kept having all kinds of trouble. It took me a while of seeing "open top level assembly" to figure out the problem. The only way I could fix this problem correctly was to have him blow away the production mfg file and re-program it. I think that proe has made a simple thing a PIA. I would think that some people would think that they could take the previous assembly file from machining the fixture and use it for the fixture in the production machining. Anybody have a take on this? I have not done this myself but could see someone doing it?