cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

identification of parts in drawings

TomášHlavinka
1-Newbie

identification of parts in drawings

Hello,

Can somebody help me with addying one thing to drawings?

If i have more than one sheet in the drawing which comes from an assembly and then other models are added, in fact all the drawing have the same name and description. I would just need to divide the description link in the *.frm file (next to the "SAV-TOOL-1000-003" as on pics below) and put a link to indicate a name of the particular member of the assembly.

I tried to put "&asm_mbr_name" but it did not work (probably due to the fact that the particular *.asm is not activated...)

1_asm.PNG

4_part1.png

2_part1.png

3_part1.PNG

in attached zip there are enclosed all cad docs...

thnx in advance

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

&asm_mbr_name is only valid in the context of a repeat region table. It won't work in the title block as you'd like.

However, with the part in question you can use the built in parameter &model_name. It will pull the name of the active part or assembly. If that is in the format in the titleblock it will work as well, as long as the model you want is active before adding the sheet where the views will be.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

&asm_mbr_name is only valid in the context of a repeat region table. It won't work in the title block as you'd like.

However, with the part in question you can use the built in parameter &model_name. It will pull the name of the active part or assembly. If that is in the format in the titleblock it will work as well, as long as the model you want is active before adding the sheet where the views will be.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:dgschaefer)

I agree with Doug. All my parts have parameters: description & pn (part number). Then these parameters can be used in title blocks, boms and other places as &description and &pn.

Great, thats exactly what i need.

Thanx a lot

Top Tags