cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

is it possible to change a family table item by a pro-programme or by a map key??

ptc-4958059
1-Newbie

is it possible to change a family table item by a pro-programme or by a map key??

Dear All,

Suppose that i have inserted a bolt of M24 x 60 in an assembly.

Now i want to chage it to M20 x 80 (the bolt is made by family table) automatically.

Is this possible by a pro-programme or by a map key or any other way automatically?????

Please help me.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

You can use Replace in the Edit menu. You select the component to replace, choose to replace by family table and then pick the new instance.

You can also do it in Pro/Program, if you really want to do that. Let me know if you really need Pro/Program and I'll look up the specific details.

Thank u daryl.

i already knows the replace option but i want to do it in a single input by just feeding the size suppose "M 24x120",not manualy.

Do u have any thing regarding this related to pro programme or by an excel input please share it with me.

Hi, try to check my post - http://communities.ptc.com/message/219844#219844

Regards,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

You can do this in the relations also. If you want the M24 bolt in one instance and the M20 in another you can create a parameter i will call it "bolt_size" and use an inst_lookup relation to control it.

Hi,

You can set up a program that interchanges components through an INPUT statement structure.

For example:

INPUT

BOLT_SIZE STRING

"Enter BOLT SIZE"

END INPUT

In the associated ADD statement, put the name of the string variable.

For example, to add a part specifically to the assembly:

ADD PART (BOLT_SIZE)

END ADD

Regards,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
Top Tags