cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

layer items not displayed the same in all windows

bpeterson-4
4-Participant

layer items not displayed the same in all windows

I need help in understanding a layer behavior that's got me stumped. It's likely a new config option that's causing this although I also wonder if it's a bug. Currently: Creo 3.0 M110

The problem I'm having may be the same as in this thread although I can't tell.

https://www.ptcusercommunity.com/thread/110311

My dialog window settings:

Selected: No Submodel Layers (personal preference...I always have this selected)

Propagate Staus (have experimented with checked and unchecked)

Save status in sub models (have experimented with this checked and unchecked)

Config:

save_display_status_in_submodel yes (default)

An example of what I want: (this works most of the time and has worked without fail in prev releases going way back)

Open a top level assembly. From the top level window, select a subassy and opn it.

In the sub assy window: hide a part that is on a layer in the subassy.

Click back in the top level window. The subassy will show with the selected part hidden. (good!)

What I want: (another example, again this works most of the time)

Same as above except open a part or subassy and unhide the base datums for example.

Click back in the top level window. The visibility in the part in top level window is the same as the prev window. (good!)

What I don't want to happen..

I first get the parts or datums showing like I want in a sub assy window (or for a part in it's own window). Next, click back into an upper level window and the display has not changed. The upper level window and the lower level windows don't display the same. (sad day, not what I want)

I can work for a few hours or days then suddenly what's displayed in an upper level window seems to be controlled by the upper level window. I can't make it happen and I can't get it to switch back once it happens.

I've tried many different things and can't figure it out! Something simple I'm missing or a bug? Note: this isn't a save status issue, this happens in the context of one session of Creo, keeping everything in memory.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I have been struggling with this since moving to CP2 from WF4 also until recently (two days ago) I discovered the config option you mentioned.

Turned that sumbitch to no right away!

Our strategy is to provide control at the part or assembly as needed.  With this option on, it messed with the layers turning them on and off.

An associate has an assembly drawing open and because they chose to unhide layers in the drawing tree, it gets pushed down thru all the models, not just the drawing.

having the drawing follow the control of the model/assembly has worked out soooo much better.

Thanks for the feedback.  I will play with this config today.  I looked at the description long and hard on this and thought it was more of a "save status" config so I didn't change it.  If it does mess with how things display in different windows is it on purpose or is it a bug?   And if set to no is the software back to the way it acted before it showed up as a config option?

Top Tags