cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

match ASM_DEF_CSYS of the subassemblies with ASM_DEF_CSYS of the general assembly

meccanico
6-Contributor

match ASM_DEF_CSYS of the subassemblies with ASM_DEF_CSYS of the general assembly

Hello, I would have this problem, last Friday the customer came to see the assembly of the machinery I have completed, the overall assembly of the machinery is divided into many sub-assemblies as indicated by the customer. The  the client asked that for each sub-assembly, the relative ASM_DEF_CSYS must coincide with the ASM_DEF_CSYS of the general assembly, so that the group/subassembly  can be removed and replaced  with another of similar function only by matching the CYSY, without having to set other constraints .

In my general assembly the subassemblies are constrained with the mate constraints and ASM_DEF_CSYS do not coincide with ASM_DEF_CSYS of the general assembly. Assuming that I have to do as the customer asks, how can I do to solve the problem as quickly as possible?

many thanks

1 REPLY 1
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:meccanico)

I know this can be automated as I have done it at a previous job (10 years ago) for a customer.  You may want to ask the customer if they have a program or process for this.

To manually do this try this procedure:

• Assemble subassembly to top level assembly to correct location.
  • Assemble another to default.
  • Activate subassembly assembled to default in top level assembly.
  • Select default CSYS of subassembly in correct location.
  • Select CSYS creation tool.
  • Select default CSYS of active subassembly.
    • Numbers for offset should automatically fill in.
  • Select OK.
  • Open sub assembly and move created CSYS to just below default CSYS.
  • Edit references of anything that references the default CSYS to the new CSYS.
    • Datums, parts, subassemblies, etc.
  • Delete first subassembly from top level.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags